Thank you, V, for being my Yarn Crawl Hero. Even though you find my fiber obsession weird and totally incomprehensible, you:
- willingly spent your day off to drive me around the Hill Country of Texas in a baby-blue Subaru.
- greeted everyone you met with an enthusiastic, “Are you a crawler?” as if you worked at the store.
- tried to show how “down” you were by breaking out some yarn puns.
- were unperturbed by the fact that you did not encounter another male on the entire crawl.
- looked after Little A as she darted around the stores or when she got impatient.
- played along by squeezing different skeins to “feel how squooshy they are.”
- never once asked me to hurry it up or to make up my mind.
- paid for everything without complaint since my new debit card had not arrived yet.
- only got slightly annoyed when I mixed up my “right” and “left” and led us in the opposite direction of where we wanted to go.
I love you, V. You make life sparkle. Your scarf is coming up next. Wait till you feel how squooshy it is.